The medical specialists at Cayuga ENT are Otolaryngologists, trained to diagnose and treat medical and surgical disorders of the ear, nose and throat. Our mission is to provide the highest quality otolaryngic care available. Cayuga ENT-Head & Neck Surgery has on staff, a NYS licensed Audiologist for diagnostic hearing evaluations.
电竞体育平台 ’s ENT and Head and Neck surgeons treat a wide range of acute and chronic problems, involving both illness and congenital conditions, such as:
- Severe snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery or FESS (to treat chronic sinus infections)
- Microlaryngoscopic surgery (to repair damaged vocal cords)
- Removal of tonsils and adenoids
- Myringotomy and tubes (to drain fluid from the ear)
- Septoplasty (to improve breathing)
- Tympanoplasty (to repair eardrum injuries)
- Bronchoscopy (to diagnose congenital malformations of the trachea and larynx, and to remove foreign bodies)
Head and Neck Surgery
In addition to ENT surgery, these surgeons perform cleft lip and palate repair and delicate phonosurgical and laryngeal framework surgery for diseases of the larynx.
- Using a multidisciplinary approach and the newest surgical technology, we treat patients at 电竞体育平台 with advanced cancers of the nose, mouth, throat, and esophagus.
- Our ability to offer conservation surgery and functional reconstruction helps to preserve the swallowing, vocal, and breathing functions while eradicating the cancer and leaving patients cosmetically intact.
- As members of the Thyroid Nodule Clinic, our Head and Neck surgeons are skilled in endocrine surgery to treat conditions of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
Speech and Swallowing Problems
Through collaboration with the Sir Alexander Ewing-Ithaca College Speech and Hearing Clinic, ENT and head/neck surgeon Dr. Robert Strominger works with students in the speech-language pathology program at Ithaca College. Together, they diagnose and develop treatment plans for patients who are experiencing voice problems (often from overuse) and patients with swallowing difficulties (usually resulting from stroke, neurological disease, or treatment of head-neck cancer).
Dr. Strominger sees patients in consultation with Mary Pitti, adjunct clinical instructor in speech-language pathology and audiology, and Phyllis Mazurski, speech-language pathologist at 电竞体育平台 . They utilize functional endoscopic evaluation techniques to provide topnotch swallowing and voice evaluations, which are typically found only in major university hospital settings.